Who doesn’t love pancakes? Especially when it comes to apple pancakes with homemade apple sauce. They are moist, fragrant and extremely enjoyable. I am sure you will love them.
How many apples have changed history to date? First, the apple that Eva ate, then the apple that fell on Newton’s head and then the well-known bitten apple. Would it be an exaggeration to include the apple I added to my pancakes? I say no. You?
WHAT kind of APPLES SHOULD I USE?
For these awesome apple pancakes with homemade apple sauce I used the fuji apples. I chose this variety as they have a mild sweet taste, but also a crunchy texture. Thus, the homemade apple sauce was not very sweet, while their texture prevent them from melting during cooking.
May I substitute strained Greek yogurt?
If you want to substitute strained Greek yogurt you can do it. Instead of yogurt, you can add sour milk, or milk. In case you choose milk, then I would suggest you either add half tablespoon of flour, or not to fill your cup all the way up. This is because milk has a different density than yogurt and sour milk.
Tips for making pancakes
Making some pancakes it is very easy. But it is also very easy to destroy a bunch of them. What should you do in order to avoid being in the second group? Well, there are two things to have in mind.
The temperature at which we cook the pancakes should be medium. Don’t cook over high heat because the pancake will get burned on the outside and also the mixture will not be spread properly on the pan.
- The pan
It is very important to use a non-stick frying pan. Even if using a non-stick frying pan, do not forget to butter it slightly before cooking each pancake.
Apple pancakes served with apple sauce
- 150 gr all-purpose flour
- 50 gr granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¾ cup strained Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- 40 melted butter
- ½ apple, grated
For the apple sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ apple, in cubes
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup honey
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the yogurt together with the water, the melted butter, the egg and mix.
- Finally add the grated apple and stir.
- Coat a small non-stick frying pan with butter and heat over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the batter to the pan and slightly spread it.
- Each side of the pancake needs 3-4 minutes to be cooked. Flip the pancake over by using a spatula and wait for the other side to be cooked too. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve each pancake with some apple sauce.
For the apple sauce
- In a small pan, over medium heat, heat the butter.
- Add the apple cut in cubes, the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Just before removing from the heat, add the honey and stir.
This was another breakfast dish served by Teti’s flakes, apple pancakes with homemade apple sauce. They are moist, fragrant and extremely enjoyable. I am sure you will love them.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!
Leave a Reply