In a few days, March 25th is approaching and the Google search for recipes based on cod is on fire. For this day I preferred a different recipe than usual. I preferred to make cod soup with coconut milk.
This recipe goes beyond the Greek tradition as it has influences from Thai cuisine. And this is because I preferred to flavor and enrich my soup with coconut milk. It is a soup with exotic notes where the saltiness of the cod blends harmoniously with the coconut milk and the coriander.
THE INGREDIENTS OF THE RECIPE
So if you are a fan of exotic flavors and experiments and this year on March 25 you want to make a difference then make sure you get the following:
- cod fillet
- leeks, garlic, carrots, celery
- coconut milk
- cod fillet
- ground coriander, cardamom, black pepper
For serving, I would suggest you get fresh coriander, red pepper flakes or paprika and why not make some homemade croutons flavored with thyme and garlic? Let’s do it!
Cod soup with coconut milk
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, cut into slices
- 2 leeks, cut into thick slices
- ¾ tsp ground coriander
- 400 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup water, boiled
- 1 tsp salt
- 700 gr cod fillet, skinless and boneless
- 1 celery
- fresh coriander
- In a large saucepan add the olive oil and sauté the garlic cloves, carrots and leeks until soft, about 3-4 minutes.5 tbsp olive oil, 4 garlic cloves, 1 carrot, cut into slices, 2 leeks, cut into thick slices
- Add the coriander and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk, 1 tsp. salt and water. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer. Cook for 10–12 minutes.¾ tsp ground coriander, 400 ml coconut milk, 1 tsp salt, ½ cup water, boiled
- Carefully place the fish in the pot and cook on low heat for 4 minutes and then add the celery. Cook for about 5 more minutes. Try and season with salt and pepper if necessary.700 gr cod fillet, skinless and boneless , 1 celery
- Remove the fish from the pot and add juice from a lime. With the help of a hand blender make the soup velvet.limes
- Serve with extra lime, fresh coriander and croutons.limes, croutons, fresh coriander
So that’s my suggestion for an alternative meal on March 25th and beyond. Cod soup with coconut milk. A delicious soup with strong influences from Thai cuisine which is made very quickly, without much effort.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!