I imagine that you are like me, looking for easy recipes in the summer. Easy and delicious recipes that fully exploit of what summer has to offer. Such a recipe is today. Delicious and easy tart with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RECIPE
Hearing the word tart logically will you think that is something difficult to make. And yet, this particular tart recipe is not at all difficult as we are talking about a galette tart. Galette is easy to make, as the dough does not require special skills to make or roll it. While no special utensils are required for its preparation, a parchment paper is enough to unfold in front of you gorgeous aromas and flavors. Do you want something other than a recipe?
As for its filling, even if it is a simple case. My inspiration for this recipe was a highly enjoyable and summer salad, caprese salad. So what you will need is mozzarella, fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a little tomato sauce.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT GALETTE
Galette can be easy to make but like any recipe it has its secrets. So if you decide to make it then keep in mind the following:
- Temperature: The butter and the water must be cold. The water can be kept cold by adding some ice cubes. But what about the butter? Simple: Once sliced into small cubes, put it back in the fridge.
- Moisture: Moisture is very important for the mixture. We must be very careful about the amount of water. Most recipes calls a range of cold water tablespoons. So add one tablespoon at the time and be careful not to add more than needed.
So if you want to taste this delicious and very easy tart, then all you have to do is get the following:
- All purpose flour
- Strained yogurt, butter and fresh mozzarella
- Cherry tomatoes and fresh basil
- Tomato sauce
For serving, I sprinkled my galette with dried oregano and coarse salt.
CAN I USE TOMATOES?
Personally, I really like the cherry tomatoes, and their sweet flavor. However, of course feel free if you want to use hole tomatoes. As long as you wash them well, cut them into slices. Let them drain for a while so that they do not have a lot of liquid. Then follow the recipe as it is, and spread it on the top of the tart, over the mozzarella.
Easy tart with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella
- 190 gr all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 gr cold butter
- 60 ml cold water
- 30 gr Greek strained yogurt
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and salt. Add the butter and by using your hands gently toss to coat the butter in the flour mixture. Work quickly to ensure the butter stays cold.190 gr all-purpose flour, ½ tsp salt, 100 gr cold butter
- In a small bowl whisk together the cold water and the yogurt.Drizzle over the dough and use by using your hands gently whish until incorporated. Continue working the dough until it comes together and the is no dry flour visible. Be caredul not to overwork the dough. It is ready as soon as you can squish the dough in one hand and stays together.60 ml cold water, 30 gr Greek strained yogurt
- Wrap the dough in bee wrap (say no to plastic wrap) and refrigerate for at least one hour or preferably overnight. The dough can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
For the tart
- By using a rolling pin roll the dough to a diameter of about 40 cm. If necessary, when rolling out the dough sprinkle some flour. Before adding the mozzarella, spread with the tomato sauce.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes leaving a 4 cm border. Fold the border over the veggies, overlapping as you go.
- Bake at a preheated oven, at 200°C, for 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Once it comes out of the oven, sprinkle with coarse salt and dried oregano.
So this was my recipe for an easy tart with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. A tart that makes the most of the cherry tomatoes that are at their best in summer. While, it tastes like a pizza and at the same time the caprese salad.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!