Winter is definitely a season that is full of beautiful aromas, freshly baked cakes and drinks that can keep us warm. It’s the time when at least once a fragrant orange cake should make its appearance.
To enjoy this wonderful orange cake you will need the following ingredients:
- 6 medium eggs or 5 large ones
- 3 oranges from which we will get the juice and the zest
- olive oil and seed oil
- flour and corn flour
- baking powder and baking soda
- vanilla extract
In addition, for the orange icing we will need powdered sugar and orange juice.
WHY DO WE ADD TWO KINDS OF OIL?
The recipe for the orange cake invites us to add olive oil and seed oil. Theoretically we could only put olive oil, if you want you can try it. However, as the olive oil is quite heavy, the addition of seed oil helps to make the cake lighter.
WHY DO WE ADD CORN FLOUR?
As you already read in the previous section, in addition to flour, I also add corn flour to the cake. A small amount of cornflour makes a cake fluffier. You can try it in any recipe you want. Remove 2-3 tablespoons of flour which you replace with corn flour.
Glazed Orange Bundt Cake
- 300 gr granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, medium
- orange zest from 3 oranges
- orange juice from 3 oranges (about 150 ml)
- 75 ml olive oil
- 75 ml seed oil
- 300 gr all-purpose flour
- 20 gr cornflour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp orange juice
- Add the sugar, eggs and orange zest to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium to high speed for about 10 minutes. The mixture should be fluffy.
- In a bowl add the flour, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Then lower the speed to medium and add the oils and orange juice alternately with the flour. Finally add the vanilla extract.
- Add the mixture to a greased bundt cake pan of 12 cups and bake for 40 minutes at 180°C. Before removing it from the oven, do the test with the knife (pierce the cake with a knife, if the knife is clean then the cake is fine).
For the glaze
- In a bowl, sift the powdered sugar and slowly add the orange juice, stirring.
- Pour over the cake as soon as it has cooled.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!