Green mixed nut butter sandwich, or should I better say the ultimate snack for summer? Simple, easy to make, healthy but above all delicious.
The higher the temperature, the less time I want to spend in front of the oven. Unless it’s pizza. This is not the case with pizza.
In general, in the summer I prefer easy and fast snacks, but I want them to satisfy my palates and to boost me with energy. While, my priority as always is the use of seasonal ingredients.
Using seasonal ingredients for this sandwich was very easy as I had my parents’ garden next to me. Fresh lettuce, tender spinach and beetroot leaves. In this green palette I couldn’t help but add a few slices of cucumber and a spring onion too.
After adding the veggies, I wanted somehow the sandwich to be enriched. And at this point a delicious idea crossed my mind, adding some mixed nut butter from my beloved Kiss the earth. Incredible taste and excellent quality.
Adding the mixed nut butter to my sandwich was not a risk. I tend to use their unique products in my kitchen a lot. I have already used their crunchy peanut butter for the easy recipe for oven pancakes. You can find the recipe here.
The recipe is very simple and easy to make. It is ideal for a quick snack that will fill you with energy thanks to the mixed nut butter. In the recipe I sauté spinach and leaves from beetroot. If you want, you can avoid it and add them raw to the sandwich. However, if you are sautéing them, then you should let them drain so that you do not transfer extra liquid to the bread.
While, if you do not have beet leaves, you can replace them with an equal amount of spinach leaves. Or any other green vegetable you have at your disposal.
Green mixed nut butter sandwich
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups beetroot leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6-8 lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, in slices
- 1 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tsp mixed nut butter kiss the earth
- 2 tbsp seeds
- In a small pan, over medium heat, sauté the garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves and the beetroot leaves to the pan. If the leaves are large, cut them into smaller pieces. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until dry. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with lemon juice, stir and set aside.
- In a slice of bread add the lettuce leaves and then half the amount of sauteed vegetables.
- Add the slices of cucumber and spring onion.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp on top of the mixed nut butter kiss the earth and then the seeds.
- Add on top the second slice of bread and serve.
Green mixed nut butter sandwich, a simple and easy to follow recipe. Ideal for those who want to boost their body with energy but not unnecessary calories. You just need to combine fresh veggies with this awesome mixed nut butter.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!