Pasta with minced beef tomato sauce. A recipe that substitutes easily the famous authentic bolognese pasta sauce.
A recipe that is similar to bolognese but much more easier. When authentic bolognese needs 4 to 5 hours to be cooked, this dish needs only 30 minutes. Well, it is not a bolognese sauce but it is mouthwatering, easy to make and a dish that no-one can resist.
Is there any need for a fancy intro when it comes to pasta with minced beef tomato sauce? No, there is not. This dish is one of the most beloved dishes and will surely please your palates. Easy recipe and budget friendly. You need only 500 gr of minced meat and 500 gr. of pasta, in order to feed a four people family.
Why to make my recipe
I have a real passion for everything that is homemade, or should I better say heartmade? Cooking from scratch is my something that brings me closer to authentic flavor and umami. This is exactly what happened in this recipe too.
For this recipe I used homemade pasta, my royal pappardelle. Why royal? For making this pasta dish you will need a great amount of egg yolks. You may find the recipe here. Have in mind that the recipe ingredients yield for two people. If you love high quality pasta then you should try these silky pappardelle which perfectly coat minced beef sauce.
For making the sauce I used minced beef. But since the minced beef is not so greasy, I preferred to make an intervention. The minced beef was sautéed in pork fat, that is, in lard. Lard is the pure fat coming from pork that has been cooked for many hours on low temp and transformed into liquid.
If you want to make your own lard please visit my recipe that you can find here. If not, which I totally understand – making lard from scratch is time consuming, you can substitute it with finely minced bacon or guanciale.
Pasta with minced beef tomato sauce
Pasta with minced beef tomato sauce.
- 500 gr pasta
- 500 gr minced beef
- 70 gr finely minced bacon or 2 tbsp lard
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 100 ml red wine
- 500 ml canned tomatoes
- olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Finely chop the onion and grate the garlic.
- In a large frying pan heat 2 tbsp. olive oil or lard and add the onion with garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until wilted.
- In case of using bacon at this point finely chop it and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced beef and torn it apart into smaller pieces with your hands. Sauté until caramelized. By using a wooden spoon, break it into smaller pieces if needed.
- Add red wine and stir until alcohol evaporates.
- Add the canned tomatoes, salt and freshly ground pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- At the same time in a large pot boil your pasta in salted water.
- Serve with grated parmesan or feta cheese.
So this is one more recipe to be added to the list of “Saturday pasta”. Pasta with minced beef tomato sauce, a super delicious and full of umami dish that everyone loves. Just remember to add something homemade to the recipe and the result will be mouthwatering.