Pasta with salmon and lemon, a pasta recipe that perfectly blends the nutrients of salmon and the freshness of lemon. Ready in just 20 minutes.
The logic behind this dish lies in the fact that salmon is a fatty fish. Fat that could not be exploited. So, I sautéed two slices of salmon in a pan, added onion to very thin slices and some lemon juice.
The result? Fantastic! I must confess that I thought I would not like it and that this Saturday would be the first Saturday without a pasta recipe. But fortunately the final dish excited me, I hope you like it too.
Pasta with salmon and lemon recipe notes
- I did not add olive oil or butter to the pan to sauté the salmon. The salmon will release its own fat, which is enough to make our sauce.
- I prefer not to remove the bones of the salmon before cooking it because I find it more difficult. In cooked salmon is much easier to remove the bones.
- The cooking time of salmon can vary depending on the thickness of the slice. Adapt it appropriately so that you result in a light pink color.
Pasta with salmon and lemon
- 500 gr pasta
- lemon juice from one lemon
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 slices of fresh salmon
- 1 onion, in thin slices
- 1 vodka shot
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 4 tsp capres
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl add the slices of salmon, lemon juice, mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir well and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan add about 5 liters of water and bring to a boil. Once the water has boiled, add 2 tbsp salt and after 1 minute the pasta. Boil until the pasta becomes al dente.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the salmon slices and sauté for 6 minutes on one side.
- Add the finely chopped slices of onion and turn the salmon over. Sauté the salmon for six minutes.
- Add a shot of vodka and remove the salmon from the pan. Stir until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the pasta to the pan and mix well. Add the lemon zest, the capers and stir again. Remove from heat.
- Cut the salmon into smaller pieces and remove the bones. Add it to the pan.
- Serve after sprinkling with a little lemon juice and adding freshly ground black pepper and chopped fresh basil or dill.
So this was my pasta recipe for this Saturday. Pasta with salmon and lemon, a pasta recipe that perfectly blends salmon and lemon. Ready in 20 minutes, you just have to spend time in marinating the salmon.
If you want to see more pasta recipes like this one you can click here. I ‘ll be happy to hear from you what is your favorite pasta recipe, so please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!