I am one of those people who want to eat a salad as a main meal. Especially if it is filling and delicious like the salad I serve you today. A salad that shouts summer from afar, is made very quickly and is extremely enjoyable. Potato salad with kritamo and anchovies.
WHAT IS KRITAMO?
Krithmon with the common name kritamo, is a plant of the celery family. Celery, parsley, fennel and dill belong to the same family. You can find it on the beaches, on the rocks where there is a little sand, enduring the force of the wind, watered with the salt of the sea. The stem and its leaves, when rubbed, give off a pleasant aroma, while it is considered a delicious dynamite for health.
THE ingredients OF THE RECIPE
So if you want to enjoy this delicious potato salad with kritamo and anchovies, all you have to do is get the following:
- Baby potatoes, radishes, onions, spring onions, lemon and lemongrass
- Kritamo, sun-dried tomatoes and anchovies
- Salt and pepper
And if you are wondering why I am writing the ingredients here while they are also included below in the recipe, then suffice it to say that you should notice the following. In the above list the ingredients are by category, so that it is easier for you to make the list of the supermarket.
Potato salad with kritamo and anchovies
- 500 gr baby potatoes
- 300 gr kritamo, desalted
- 10 anchovies
- 10 sun dried tomatoes
- 3-4 radishes
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl add water and then the kritamo. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse. Add water again and wait another 10 minutes. Rinse again and set aside.300 gr kritamo, desalted
- In a medium saucepan add water and after boiling add salt and potatoes. Boil for about 10 minutes, or until slightly softened.500 gr baby potatoes
- While the potatoes are boiling, cut the radishes into thin slices with a mandolin. Set aside.3-4 radishes
- Chop the fresh spring onion and the onion with a knife. Add them to a large bowl.1 spring onion, finely chopped, 1 onion, finely chopped
- Then add the boiled potatoes to the bowl. Those of them that are large in size are cut in half.
- Then we add the rest of the ingredients for our salad.10 anchovies, 10 sun dried tomatoes
- Finally add the lemon juice, salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon thyme.juice from 1 lemon, salt, freshly ground black pepper, lemongrass
So this was my recipe for a different potato salad with kritamo and anchovies. A potato salad that is made very quickly, light, summery and extremely filling. I highly recommend it.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!
This salad looks delicious! I’m just not clear on whether you’re using fresh or preserved Crithmum? At first I thought perhaps desalting meant washing off salt from freshly foraged Crithmum by the sea or if it’s been preserved in salt like Capers, then washing that off… However the images suggest treated in a brine or vinegar… if thats the case would you consider including a link to the recipe you’re using to preserve the Crithmum? Thank you!
Hello there! Thank you so much for your comment! In Greece you may find crithmum preserved in salt just like capers, just like you said. I used them!