Rice with leeks and dried red peppers. A vegan recipe in which the leek is a worthy protagonist as it embraces the rice with so much sweetness, while the dried red peppers give the dish a smoky taste that you will definitely love.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RECIPE
What characteristics do you think a mommy recipe should have? A mommy recipe is easy, because moms do not have much time. At the same time, a mommy recipe is nutritious, because moms want to offer everything through one dish. While definitely a mommy recipe is delicious, because moms want to see smiles on their faces at the table. One such recipe is today, rice with leeks and dried red peppers.
To enjoy this delicious recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- dried onions, leeks and carrots
- Carolina rice
- tomato sauce
- salt, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper
While, if you want to give to your dish a more smoky note then all you have to do is add two dried red peppers to the pot.
For serving I would suggest plenty of lemon juice, olives and red pepper flakes. And why not a glass of red wine?
Rice with leeks and dried red peppers
- olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 700 gr leeks, cut into thick slices
- 1 carrot, cut into slices
- 2-3 dried red peppers
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup Carolina rice
- 2 cups water
- chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp tomato sauce
- lemon juice
- red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil and after it heats up, add the onions. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add the leeks together with a little water. Cover the pot and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the leeks are soft.
- Then add salt, pepper, carrots and dried peppers. Mix well and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the rice, red pepper and tomato sauce and mix well. Finally add the water and the chicken broth, and after bringing to a boil, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with plenty of lemon, red pepper flakes and olives.
So this was my recipe for one of the most delicious mommy dishes. A recipe that combines as much as you want in one dish, convenience, nutrition and taste. Rice with leeks and you know peppers, where the leeks play a worthy role as it embraces the rice with so much sweetness, while the red dried peppers give the dish a smoky taste that you will love.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!