If I had to tell you which recipe I make over and over again then it would definitely be today’s recipe. My easy sandwich bread recipe will give you a fluffy, nutritious and delicious bread that will become your favorite.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RECIPE
The sandwich bread recipe is a simple and easy recipe although it does require a stand mixer. And even a good mixer as you will need to knead dough for two loaves of bread. I chose to publish a recipe which will give us two loaves for two reasons. Firstly, because it is now a good idea to turn on the oven more rationally. What I mean? I will not turn on the oven for just one loaf of bread. So I prepare two baking tins, one small and one large. Secondly, it is a matter of saving time. The process of making bread, although simple, is still a time-consuming process, even a quarter of an hour is important. So I choose to make more bread and store it in the freezer in slices.
INGREDIENTS OF THE RECIPE
So if we have the same logic and you also want to enjoy this fluffy, tasty and nutritious bread then all you have to do is get the following:
- flour, strong and wholemeal
- dry yeast
- chia seeds, poppy seeds, flax seeds
- olive oil
CAN I SUBSTITUTE STRONG FLOUR?
If you want, you can use all-purpose flour instead of strong flour. However, I must admit that its texture is better with a strong flour. And this is because hard flour makes the final preparation more elastic.
CAN I LEAVE OUT THE SEEDS?
If for any reason you don’t want to add the seeds to the dough of this bread, then of course you can. But you will need to replace the amount of seeds with an equal amount of flour. Which flour you choose does not really matter since the quantity is small. So choose which of the two flours you want.
- 2 bread baking pans 10*30
- 900 gr strong flour
- 220 gr whole wheat flour
- 75 gr seeds (chia, poppy seed, flax seed)
- 24 gr dry yeast
- 90 gr olive oil (plus for greasing)
- 710 gr water
- 40 gr honey
- Grease the bread pans well and set them aside.90 gr olive oil
- In the bowl of the mixer, add the flours, the seed mixture and the yeast. Mix very well by hand.900 gr strong flour, 220 gr whole wheat flour, 75 gr seeds (chia, poppy seed, flax seed), 24 gr dry yeast
- Then add the water to the bowl, along with the honey and salt. Knead with the hook for 5 minutes, or until the dough starts to pull away from the bowl. If the dough does not come off the pan, add a little flour.710 gr water, 40 gr honey, salt
- Transfer the dough to a floured counter and with the help of a sharp knife, cut it in half. Give the two doughs an oblong shape and place them in the greased bread pans.
- Cover with clean towels and set aside until they rise. It will take about 1 hour.
- Bake the breads in a preheated oven at 180°C in the air for 50 minutes.
- Remove the breads from the molds and leave them on a wire rack to cool well.
So this was my recipe for one of the most delicious, nutritious and easy breads. A toast bread that is fluffy and sure to become your favorite.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!