Today’s pasta is the most refreshing pasta you’ve ever eaten. Spaghetti with lemon oil sauce, tomato and basil. Summer at your table.
This Saturday’s pasta is easy to make and ready in 10 minutes. You will only need the simplest ingredients, oil, lemon and tomatoes. There are two main factors that makes this pasta dish so easy and fast to make. The use of thin pasta, and the fact that the sauce does not need to be boiled.
Our pasta sauce is based on olive oil and lemon. So make sure you use extra virgin olive oil of excellent quality. While, the raw chopped tomato added at the end of the recipe adds the necessary notes of freshness.
So what do you say? Will you give this delicious dish a chance? I’m sure you will love it and make it again and again.
The recipe for this Saturday is as it should be. Easy, without many ingredients and fast. The sauce is so delicious that if you want you can avoid adding tomatoes. Believe me, the sauce created from lemon oil is extremely tasty.
In case you choose to stay loyal to the recipe and adding the tomato, then avoid the seeds. The seeds will add moisture to the spaghetti, without adding more flavor.
If you don’t have fresh basil you can add any other fresh herb, such as mint or oregano. In any case, do not hesitate to add as much as possible.
Finally, because the quantity of the lemon juice may be to much, it’s a good idea to add it gradually as you try. Mine palates love its sour taste. Yours may not be so, so add lemon juice gradually in order to get the taste you want.
Spaghetti with lemon oil sauce, tomato and basil
- 500 gr pasta, thin
- 200 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 onion, cut in thin slices
- lemon juice of 2 lemons
- 20 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot add about 5 liters of water and bring to a boil. Once the water has boiled, add 2 tbsp salt and after 1 minute the pasta. Boil until the pasta becomes al dente.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and then sauté the onion for about 3 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into cubes and make the lemon juice.
- When the pasta is ready, with the help of a fork, add the pasta to the pan. Add the chopped basil and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and the tomatoes to the pan. Stir and remove from heat.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper and freshly ground parmesan.
So this was the pasta I chose for this Saturday, spaghetti with lemon oil sauce, tomato and basil. Ideal pasta for those who do not have time but want to taste something delicious and refreshing.
If you want to see more pasta recipes like this one you can click here. I ‘ll be happy to hear from you what is your favorite pasta recipe, so please don’t hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest!
Leave a Reply