Fluffy strawberry and blueberry rolls. The best way to enjoy one of the most promising fruits. Why if the strawberry does not give you hope for a full sun, and a brighter day then more fruit does it?
The strawberry pairs perfectly with the blueberries as the latter balance its sweetness. While, from such a roll could not miss a delicious frosting based on cream cheese with vanilla aroma. For the brave ones I would suggest adding a little lemon thyme in the rolls, it has a very nice tasty result.
I do not remember if I have expressed it again but my favorite season is by far spring. I am more fascinated than anything by the way nature slowly wakes up and is ready to offer us a lot of goodies. So I wanted to use the strawberries, a fruit that is the harbinger of spring and carefree. This time I made fluffy rolls which I filled with strawberry jam, fresh strawberries and blueberries.
KEY POINTS OF THE RECIPE
The recipe for these delicious rolls with strawberries and blueberries is extremely easy. Needless to say that you do not need to use a mixer. There are two things you need to pay attention to, the flour and the temperature.
- The flour
The flour plays a very important role in our rolls. For this particular recipe, special flour for buns, rich in gluten, should be used. Gluten helps make our dough more elastic. You will find it in supermarkets, it is not hard to find.
- The temperature
One of the most important factors for the success of the recipe is the temperature. Yeast to be activated should be added to a lukewarm mixture. Not hot, lukewarm. If the temperature is high, the yeast is in danger of being damaged.
THE INGREDIENTS OF THE RECIPE
So if you want to celebrate spring with these delicious rolls then you just have to get the following:
- brown sugar
- brioche flour
- strawberry jam
- fresh strawberries and blueberries
From the top of a roll you could not miss a frosting with cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, and vanilla extract.
Strawberry and blueberry rolls
For the dough
- 330 ml milk, lukewarm
- 80 gr butter, melted
- 30 gr brown sugar
- 8 gr dry yeast
- 460 gr brioche flour
For the filling
- 180 gr strawberry jam
- 100 gr fresh strawberries, chopped
- 150 gr blueberries
For the frosting
- 100 gr cream chees, room temperature
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan add the milk along with the butter and sugar. Melt the mixture at a very low temperature. The temperature should not exceed 40°C.330 ml milk, lukewarm, 80 gr butter, melted, 30 gr brown sugar
- Add the yeast to the mixture and stir until dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes.8 gr dry yeast
- In a large bowl add the flour and then the mixture from the saucepan. Mix well until the ingredients are homogeneous. Wrap the bowl and leave in a warm environment for about 1 hour or until the dough doubles.460 gr brioche flour
- Add the dough on a floured surface. If the dough sticks to the hands, add extra flour. Knead lightly.
- Roll the dough in a rectangular shape 1 cm thick.
- Spread the jam and the fruits on the dough.180 gr strawberry jam, 100 gr fresh strawberries, chopped, 150 gr blueberries
- Tightly roll dough up, starting from the large side and place seam side down making sure to seal the edges of the dough as best you can. Cut the roll with the help of a thread or a sharp knife into 8 straight pieces.
- Place the pieces in a margarine-spread pan, cover with a clean towel and leave to rise in a warm place until they double in volume. It will take about 30 minutes.
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
For the frosting
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the frosting and with the help of a mixer homogenize them.100 gr cream chees, room temperature, 2 tbsp butter, room temperature, 1 ½ cup icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract
So this was my recipe to welcome my favorite strawberry. Fluffy strawberry and blueberry rolls. Of course from such a roll could not miss a frosting based on cream cheese.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!