Summer quinoa lentil salad with mint. This salad is the one you are looking for this summer, easy to make, refreshing and most of all super nutritious.
The lentil and quinoa salad is ready in just 20 minutes. But the next day and after spending a night in the fridge it is even more delicious. Who enjoys hot food in the summer? At least I don’t. Unless we’re talking about a pasta dish. That’s where everything changes.
For this recipe I was inspired by another super tasty salad, my summer bean salad with parsley and tomato. You may found the recipe here.
Tips for the recipe
The recipe is very easy and I’m sure you’ll love it. But as with any recipe, there are some details to keep in mind.
- In this salad tomato and cucumber should be added. But we have to avoid adding their seeds in the salad. This is because the seeds will transfer extra moisture to the salad that will make it watery with no reason.
- This salad ideally can be eaten cold, straight from the fridge. Staying in the fridge gives the mint, but also the rest of the ingredients, the necessary time to bring out their aromas.
Summer quinoa lentil salad
- ⅓ cup quinoa
- ⅓ cup lentil
- 2 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cucumber, cut into cubes
- 1 spring onion
- 10 mint leaves
- juice from 1 lemon
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, rinse the quinoa and the lentils 2-3 times. Set aside.
- In a pot add water, quinoa, lentils and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After removing the seeds from the tomato and cucumber, cut them into small cubes.
- Finely chop the spring onion and mint leaves.
- After the quinoa and lentils are boiled, drain them in a colander. Rinse them with cold water so that their temperature drops.
- In a large bowl, add the vegetables, quinoa and lentils.
- Add juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix very well and then serve.
Summer quinoa lentil salad with mint. A very refreshing choice, which will surely enjoy especially on hot summer days. You may pack it for a picnic or for lunch at work or school.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
Leave a Reply