They made pumpkin soup together.
Day by day I can see spring coming one step closer. Spring makes me really enthusiast! There’s something about fresh blossoming flowers on a tree lined street or peeking out of a field of grass that makes me happy. But before officially welcoming spring I should say a proper goodbye to winter. Is there a better way rather than making a last pumpkin soup? Below you can find two versions, version 1 and “they made pumpkin soup together” version.
For both versions you will need the following:
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups pumpkin puree (in case of “they made pumpkin soup together” version you will need approximately 2 kg of pumkin)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- fresh pepper or pepper flakes to garnish
In order to make pumpkin puree you will need to follow this simple method for preparing it. The pumpkin may be stored in the freezer for later usage. Preheat oven to 165 degrees C, cut the pumpkin in half, stem to base.
Remove seeds and pulp and then cover each half with foil.Bake in the preheated oven, foil side up, 1 hour, or until tender. Scrape pumpkin meat from shell halves and puree in a blender. Strain to remove any remaining stringy pieces.
In order to make the pupmkin soup you will need to follow the next simple steps:
- Heat stock, salt, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Add the pumpking puree to the soup.
- Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with yogurt and fresh parsley.
The “they made pumpkin soup together” version: In case it is easy for you to cut pumpkin into small pieces or someone else can do it you can follow the second version.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. If you don’t have a stick blender, use a blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with some yoghurt.