Two ingredients pasta dish, well known as cacio e pepe? Or should I better say similar to cacio e pepe.
The pasta recipe for this Saturday requires only two ingredients. And I really mean it, we will just need two ingredients. No oil, no butter. The star ingredients for this simple yet flavorful and creamy pasta sauce are cheese and freshly ground pepper.
The original recipe for cacio e pepe calls for pecorino. My recipe includes grated parmesan, it was the only cheese that I had in the fridge. You may add some other type of hard cheese, like gruyere.
This recipe is so simple that you should try to go wrong. My advice? You only have two ingredients, make sure you use the best.
When it comes to making the sauce, we need to be careful regarding the amount of water used. It is very important since the pasta sauce is made with the pasta water. Pasta water contains starch, a component that will make our sauce thick and creamy. In the recipe I mention that we need about 1 cup of pasta water, but the exact quantity may differ since it depends on many things.
So, we add the water partially and we add more only if we think that the sauce needs more. Have in mind that we want to end up with a creamy sauce that will perfectly coat the pasta.
Two ingredients pasta dish
- 500 gr pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup boiling water from the pasta
- 1 ⅓ cup hard cheese (pecorino, parmesan etc)
- In a large saucepan add 5 liters of water and bring to a boil. After the water has boiled, add the salt. The salt will stop boiling for a while, so add the pasta when start boiling again.
- About 2 minutes before we remove the pasta from the pot, start the sauce. In a large pan, over medium heat, add the freshly ground pepper to bring out its aromas. Add two or three tablespoons of the pasta to boiling water and stir.
- A minute before the pasta is made al dente, with the help of a fork we add it to the pan.
- Add 3/4 of the cheese and 1/2 cup of the pasta boiling water. Stir very well until a creamy sauce is formed. If necessary add a little more water or cheese.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper and cheese.
So here it is another recipe for the Saturday pasta column. A pasta dish that only requires two ingredients to make this dreamy-creamy sauce. Easy to make, very simple, very creamy and fast. I don’t think we need anything else when looking for easy, fast and delicious dishes.
If you want to see more pasta recipes like this one you can click here. I ‘ll be happy to hear from you what is your favorite paste recipe, so please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!