Vegan energy balls with almond butter. The most super delicious vegan snack that will boost your energy with just one bite.
These super easy to make energy balls will boost your energy during a demanding day, just when you need it. You can carry them with you, inside your bag, and when you feel the need for a snack it will be there for you.
The main ingredient of the recipe, as the title of the recipe already revealed, is the almond butter from my favorite brand Kiss the earth. A product of excellent taste – it has also won an award – but also a rich source of protein and energy. Oat flour, maple syrup but also chia seeds also are the rest of the five ingredients.
In my energy balls recipe I used almond butter, oat flour, maple syrup, chia seeds and cacao powder. I wouldn’t suggest you to replace the almond butter, its taste is more than awesome.
But if you want to replace the oat flour you can easily replace it with some coconut flour. While, if you do not want to use maple syrup then honey is also an excellent choice. Have in mind though that the recipe will stop being vegan.
Also, there is no need for me to substitute chia seeds. If you do not have any you can just omit them. But, before you chose to ignore them have in mind that chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, amino acids, antioxidants, magnesium and fiber.
Last but not least, there is an alternative for the cacao powder. You can substitute cacao powder with ground almonds, or even some shredded coconut.
Vegan energy balls with almond butter
- 1 cup almond butter Kiss the earth
- ½-¾ cup oatmeal flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- cacao powder
- For making the oatmeal you will need a blender. Blend until the oats have turned into a fine flour.
- In a bowl, add the almond butter, 1/2 cup oat flour, chia seeds and maple syrup. By using a spoon stir together all ingredients until well combined.
- If the mixture is very soft then add the rest of the oat flour. Continue mixing with your hands.
- With the help of a small spoon take a small amount of the mixture and shape it with your hands into a small ball.
- After shaping all the energy balls, place them in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Dip each ball in a small plate with cocoa powder or ground oats (if there is some leftover).
- Store in tupperware in the fridge.
Vegan energy balls with almond butter. Ready in just half an hour, they will boost you with energy during a demanding day, just when you need it. You can carry them with you, in a small tupperware.
If you are eager enough and want to discover the flavors of Kiss the earth you might want to check two more recipes, the fluffy oven pancakes with crunchy peanut butter, and the super healthy green mixed nut butter sandwich.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!