Vegan oatmeal pancakes no sugar. You will love them. They are healthy, vegan and have no sugar at all. But let’s get to know them a little bit more.
WHY ARE THESE PANCAKES HEALTHY?
This particular recipe for pancakes contains a mixture of four types of oatmeals, oats, buckwheat, millet and quinoa. All of them are very nutritious and extremely beneficial for the human body as they are full of nutrients, rich in vitamins and minerals.
HOW TO MAKE THE MIXTURE
For this mixture I used equal amounts of flakes of oats, buckwheat, millet and quinoa. With the help of a hand blender, turn the flakes into flour. Store the flour in a jar and you have at your pantry a nutritious mixture at any time.
THESE PANCAKES DO NOT CONTAIN SUGAR
These vegan oatmeal pancakes do not contain sugar. However I added a rich sweetness to my pancakes by adding date sugar. Dates sugar is nothing more than ground dried dates.
HOW CAN I SUBSTITUTE DATE SUGAR
If you can not find date sugar then you can replace it with regular dates. All you have to do is soak 6-8 dates for twenty minutes in water. Then with the help of a hand blender dissolve them in a little almond milk. In this way we will sweeten the milk and therefore the pancakes.
While if all this sounds like a big hassle then there is always the solution of brown sugar or coconut sugar. In this case two tablespoons are enough.
ARE PANCAKES GLUTEN FREE?
This recipe for vegan oatmeal pancakes is not suitable for a gluten-free diet as it contains flour. But if you want you can substitute the flour with an equal amount of the mixture. In this case, however, I would suggest increasing the amount of sweetener slightly, as the presence of only the oatmeals mixture leaves your palates with a slight bitterness.
Vegan oatmeal pancakes no sugar added
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60 gr flour
- 100 gr oatmeal flakes mixture
- 2 tbsp date sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (plus for frying)
- In a cup add the almond milk and the lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes.250 ml almond milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients of the recipe and mix.60 gr flour, 100 gr oatmeal flakes mixture, 2 tbsp date sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt
- Add the almond milk and coconut oil to the bowl with the dry ingredients. With the help of an egg beater, mix the mixture for the pancakes very well.2 tbsp coconut oil
- Add a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan and when it is hot enough, add two tablespoons from the mixture. Bake until blisters form on the surface and turn on the other side.
- Continue with the rest of the mixture.
Vegan oatmeal pancakes, no sugar added. These were the healthiest but at the same time delicious pancakes I have ever tasted. Ideal for those who follow a vegan diet or why not for our little friends. My one year old son has loved them.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!