How about trying to make the most delicious and fluffy vegan rolls with halva and vegan ganache? Their dough is so easy to make that you do not even need a mixer. Can you resist them?
Characteristics of the recipe
The recipe for vegan rolls with halva and vegan ganache is one of my favorites. It hides so many flavors and surprises. The dough from the rolls is very, very fluffy, which makes them irresistible. But they do two things unbeatable, the first is that you do not need to use a mixer. Yes, for this masterpiece a large bowl and a good mix of ingredients for the dough are enough. That’s it!
Their second characteristic that makes them unbeatable is that they are vegan. The dough contains neither milk of animal origin nor eggs. While the essential fat comes from plant-based margarine. If you choose to add ganache to your rolls then you should get coconut milk as it is vegan.
Key points of the recipe
- The Flour
The flour plays a very important role in our rolls. For this particular recipe, special flour for buns, rich in gluten, should be used. Gluten helps make our dough more elastic. You will find it in supermarkets, it is not hard to find.
- The temperature
One of the most important factors for the success of the recipe is the temperature. Yeast to be activated should be added to a lukewarm mixture. Not hot, lukewarm. If the temperature is high, the yeast is in danger of being damaged.
The ingredients of the recipe
So if you want to taste these wonderful fluffy vegan rolls with halva then you just have to get the following:
- almond milk
- brown sugar
- brioche flour
- halva, cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon
In case you want to taste the vegan ganache then do not forget to have some coconut milk and couverture to your list.
Vegan rolls with halva and vegan ganache
For the dough
- 500 ml almond milk, lukewarm
- 120 gr margarine, melted
- 50 gr brown sugar
- 14 gr dry yeast
- 700 gr brioche flour
For the filling
- 150 gr margarine, soften
- 200 gr halva, grated by hand into small pieces
- 4-5 tbsp cranberries
- 4-5 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
For the vegan ganache
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 200 gr couverture, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan add the almond milk along with the margarine and sugar. Melt the mixture at a very low temperature. The temperature should not exceed 40°C.500 ml almond milk, lukewarm, 120 gr margarine, melted, 50 gr brown sugar
- Add the yeast to the mixture and stir until dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes.14 gr dry yeast
- In a large bowl add the flour and then the mixture from the saucepan. Mix well until the ingredients are homogeneous. Wrap the bowl and leave in a warm environment for about 1 hour or until the dough doubles.700 gr brioche flour
- Add the dough on a floured surface. If the dough sticks to the hands, add extra flour. Knead lightly.
- Roll the dough in a rectangular shape 1 cm thick.
- Spread the margarine on the dough, which we have softened slightly.150 gr margarine, soften
- Sprinkle with halva, cranberries, walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon.200 gr halva, grated by hand into small pieces, 4-5 tbsp cranberries, 4-5 tbsp walnuts, chopped, 100 gr brown sugar, 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Tightly roll dough up, starting from the large side and place seam side down making sure to seal the edges of the dough as best you can. Cut the roll with the help of a thread or a sharp knife into 8 straight pieces.
- Place the pieces in a margarine-spread pan, cover with a clean towel and leave to rise in a warm place until they double in volume. It will take about 30 minutes.
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
For the ganache
- On a medium heat, heat the coconut milk slightly and after removing it from the heat, add the couverture pieces. Mix very well until the couverture melts. Set aside to come to room temperature.200 ml coconut milk, 200 gr couverture, finely chopped
So this was my recipe for the delicious vegan rolls with halva and vegan ganache. They are very fluffy, easy to prepare and will disappear in a flash. I’m sure you will love them.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!
Leave a Reply