Zucchini blossoms stuffed with feta cheese and yogurt. The most elegant appetizer of the summer is here and is waiting for you.
I could never imagine that I would sacrifice hours of my sleep in order to gather flowers. But my parents’ famous garden had something special for me: zucchini blossoms. And here is the most delicate stuffed zucchini blossoms recipe. If you are a fan of delicate flavors, then keep reading.
This time I had my eyes on the shy zucchini blossoms that are wide open only in the early hours. So it happened. I woke up in the morning, put on my mom’s yellow wellies, grabbed my wooden basket and went to my paradise.
So I gathered around 15 zucchini flowers, prepared my filling with cheese, yogurt and mint and lit the gas stove. Necessary accompaniment for the final dish a little strained yogurt with mint, salt and olive oil.
- Zucchini blossoms are very sensitive so we are very careful while cleaning them. In most of the recipes I’ve seen, you remove the inside, meaning the stamens. If it is easy for you, remove it. However, if the zucchini flower is in danger of breaking, the world is not lost if it is not removed.
- Attention is also needed while frying them. You need to add them partially so as not to reduce the temperature of the hot oil.
- Finally, zucchini blossoms do not need much time in the pan. A total of two minutes is enough. So be prepared to get them out quickly.
Zucchini blossoms stuffed with feta cheese and yogurt
- 12 zucchini blossoms
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 100 gr cream cheese
- 2 tbsp strained Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 12 mint leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying
For the frying batter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup beer
- 180 strained Greek yogurt
- ¾ tsp salt
- 8 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Carefully wash the zucchini blossoms and let them drain on kitchen paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the filling.
- By using a teaspoon, fill the zucchini blossoms very carefully. We twist their ends as much as we can to close them.
- In a large bowl, add the frying batter ingredient and mix.
- Add plenty of olive oil to a deep frying pan. Heat the oil over high heat.
- Dip each zucchini blossom in the frying batter one by one and fry for 1 minute on each side.
- By using a slotted spoon, remove from the pan and arrange them on a kitchen paper.
- Serve with strained yogurt flavored with mint, oil and salt.
Zucchini blossoms stuffed with feta cheese and yogurt. The most elegant appetizer of the summer that will satisfy the most demanding palates. If you find some on the food market do not ignore them. You will love them.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!