Welcome to another Saturday pasta recipe. This Saturday I will serve a delicious dish, an asparagus and shrimp pasta dish. Wanna join me?
Asparagus and shrimp pasta. A recipe dedicated to the freshness of spring since asparagus is a key ingredient. And oh my God, how much I enjoy asparagus. Although in Greek cuisine we do not use them so often, but I really, I mean really enjoy them.
How couldn’t I? They are so delicate, fine and with an unbeatable flavor. If cooked properly, they will stay crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
However, my huge love for asparagus will be properly expressed in my second ebook. The spring edition of the series “The flavors of the seasons” will be dedicated to asparagus. It will contain great info about them, list of ingredients to pair them with and of course recipes.
If you wanna receive it at your email as soon as released you just have to sign up to my weekly newsletter by using the form below. I won’t spam you promise!
But let’s get back to this amazing asparagus and shrimp pasta dish.
Tips for making the recipe
In this recipe you have to pay attention in the cooking time of asparagus and shrimp. Asparagus, like shrimp, doesn’t need much time in the pan.
Three to four minutes are enough for them in order to release their delicate flavor. So, start making the sauce 4 minutes before taking the pasta out of the boiling water.
While it is quite important to clean properly the shrimps and remove their vein. If you decide to leave the shells on you have to sauté them for 1 minute for each side. If you remove the shell, reduce the time to half. Whatever the case do not forget to remove the vein from the shrimps.
Asparagus and shrimp pasta
- 500 gr spaghetti
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300 gr shrimps
- 300 gr asparagus
- ⅓ cup pasta water
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, add 5 liters of water. When the water starts to boil add 2 tbsp salt and after a minute the pasta.
- Clean the shrimps well and remove the vein and their shell.
- Use a peeler to peel the asparagus at their base, just below where the flowers begin. Cut away their tough base and then into small pieces.
- Add olive to a pan and then the garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the shrimps and sauté them for 30 seconds on each side.
- Add boiling water from the pasta (⅓ cup). Stir for 1 minute and then add the butter. The butter combined with the boiling water from pasta will create a creamy sauce.
- Add pasta to the pan. Stir well and if necessary add extra boiling water.
- Remove from the fire and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
And this was one more Saturday pasta dish, asparagus and shrimp pasta. A pasta dish that blends so harmoniously the flavor of the sea with that of soil. Just remember that you have to cook asparagus for a few minutes only, do not over cook them.
If you want to stay loyal to a seafood pasta you can always try my Pasta with shrimps, saffron and tomato sauce. While, there is also an option for those who want to treat their palates with a spring asparagus and fresh garlic tart.
If you want to see more pasta recipes like this one you can click here. I ‘ll be happy to hear from you what is your favorite paste recipe, so please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
Thank you very much! 😊
Good to know that works too! I learn so much from you as well! Keep it up great post.