Now that we spend more time at home, I personally take advantage of it to prepare a special breakfast. As it is this one, crepes with Mastelo cow cheese and mushrooms.
Crepes is one of my favorite type of breakfast. Easy to make, no time consuming and above all they give you the opportunity to eat them in a savory but also in a sweet version. I usually eat two savory and then one sweet. Of course I end up wanting something savory again. Does it happen to you too? What a confusion!
In today’s post, the winner in the above battle was crepes in their savory version. And this is because when the filling includes the soft Mastelo cow cheese I simply can’t eat only two crepes. So I end up eating at least three. You understand that then there is no room for sweets.
Crepes with sour milk
Just like in my recipe for pancakes (by the way you may find it here), in this recipe too, I prefer using sour milk to the mixture instead of the classic milk. And this is because the sour milk gives a characteristic flavor to the crepes that I personally love. Try it once and you will become a fan of it.
How many days is the mixture safe in the fridge?
The following mixture for crepes, if make them in a regular pan, is enough for about 12 crepes. Since I personally can not eat 12 crepes, and because I like to eat them fresh, I prefer to divide the mixture into two portions.
So if you agree with me, you should know that the mixture is safe in the fridge for up to two days. So, every morning, you can easily and quickly have delicious freshly baked crepes.
Crepes with Mastelo cow cheese and mushrooms
For the crepes
- 600 ml sourmilk
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, medium
- 50 gr butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- vegetable oil for frying them
For the filling
- 200 gr cow cheese Mastelo
- cold cuts of your choice, optional
- 2 tbsp butter
- 150 gr fresh mushrroms, cut into thin slices
- freshly ground pepper
For the mushrooms
- In a medium pan, over medium heat, add 2 tbsp. butter and after it melts add the mushrooms. Stir well.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
For the crepes
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients for the crepe mixture and mix well until smooth. Add the melted butter.
- In a non-stick pan add some oil and spread it everywhere with a brush.
- As soon as it warms up, lower the temperature to medium heat, add 1 ladleful of the mixture and tilt the pan so that it spreads to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden and flip over.
- Add the Mastelo cow cheese, 1 tbsp. mushrooms, cold cuts extra freshly ground black pepper and fold.
- Serve with grated Mastelo cow cheese on top and extra mushrooms.
So this was my suggestion for a well-groomed, filling and at the same time delicious breakfast. Crepes with Mastelo cow cheese and mushrooms. Do not hesitate to add your favorite cold cuts. And don’t forget, eat breakfast like a king.
If you love Mastelo cheese as much as I do, then you will love the recipe for Greek shrimp saganaki and the beetroot burger.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons”and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!
Leave a Reply