Here I am again for another Saturday with a pasta recipe. Easy, fast and above all delicious. Today the menu has garlic sauce pasta with fried egg.
I try to create recipes with few ingredients. Ingredients have a meaning on the dish and that you can taste them separately, but also all together. My need for fewer ingredients in a recipe is even greater when the ingredients I use are one of a kind.
Lately I’ve found a farm that brought memories to me from my childhood. Back then, my grandma had a small farm with cows, pigs and some chickens of course. What an experience was for little Teti to go for eggs hunting. I was always afraid that the chickens will attack to me. But, the flavor of the eggs was amazing. Totally worthy it. I had the same feeling when tasted the eggs from the little farm of the Chios island, Pafylida farm. The same feeling minus the fear of the chickens
Pafylida Farm started in January 2014 as an experiment. At that time there were only 100 hens, but a lot of enthusiasm and passion. The philosophy of the project, and at the same time a way of every life, was to create an egg production unit, against the logic of mass production and easy profit, with absolute respect for the environment and the animals of the firm.
This vision characterizes the entire production line. From animal care and nutrition to packaging and advertising leaflets. The eggs come from free-range hens that live freely on the farm, feed exclusively on natural cereals, and live in large henhouses.
The eggs are collected daily, one by one, and packaged on the farm. The difference lies in their superior taste, their denser texture, their large and deep yellow yolks. Their packaging by recyclable material serves the perception of improving the ecological footprint.
The recipe of this Saturday is simple and aims to boost the aroma of garlic through a creamy sauce. Initially, the sauce was intended to follow the logic of carbonara (you can find the recipe for my own carbonara here).
That is, to use the egg yolk for the sauce. But, as I said earlier, I preferred to give a more distinct role to the egg. Thus, the sauce was made without the use of egg, while the egg had the leading role it deserved.
You need to be careful when sautéing the garlic in the butter, and not to burn it. The purpose is to lightly flavor the butter. So, sauté the garlic over medium heat.
Garlic sauce pasta with fried egg
- 50 gr butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cup boiling water from the pasta
- 100 ml heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- finely chopped parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying the egg
- 2 farm eggs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Then add pasta and cook until al dente. Set aside almost 1 ½ cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, until golden brown. After flavoring the butter, remove the garlic cloves.
- Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes to cook. Then add the heavy cream and boiling pasta water.
- A minute before our pasta becomes al dente, with the help of a fork add them to the pan. If necessary, add extra water from the boiling pasta.
- Add finely chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a pan over medium heat, add some olive oil and fry the eggs for about 1 minute.
- Serve with a fried egg on top, in each dish.
So this was my pasta recipe for this Saturday. Ready in 15 minutes, full of vivid colors and flavors. If you want to see more pasta recipes like this one you can click here. I ‘ll be happy to hear from you what is your favorite pasta recipe, so please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
Leave a Reply