Grilled cheese Mastelo green salad, a super delicious fresh salad to enjoy during summer. A dish that you may serve it as a side dish but also as a main.
Summer can be easily described as the season of abundance. A stroll around the food market is enough in order to be filled with colors and aromas. Green tender lettuce leaves, fragrant peaches, stalks of spring onions and fresh basil, that only a touch is enough in order to seduce you. You don’t know what to eat first.
That’s kind of how I felt on my last stroll in the food market. I was so happy for so many flavors and aromas but at the same time I couldn’t decide what to eat first. And then I thought, why to choose and not to combine everything together in one dish? And then a very summery salad has been born.
But in order for this salad to become a complete meal, I had to add something more. I don’t know about you, but for me adding some cheese to a salad is considered a must. From my favorite Greek salad with feta, to today’s delicate green salad with grilled Mastelo cheese.
In order to make a salad extremely enjoyable one thing is the super important, freshness of the ingredients. Whatever vegetable you choose, make sure it is fresh and tender.
Moreover, if you want to serve a salad as main dish you should add on the plate a source of protein. Cheese is one of the best sources of protein, but beware of quantity, do not overdo it.
Finally, don’t hesitate to add other ingredients to your salad too. For example, cucumber, seeds or even avocado.
Grilled cheese Mastelo green salad
- 2 small lettuce, or one big
- ½ cup rocket leaves
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 200 gr cow cheese Mastelo
- 2 peaches
- 2 tbsp peanuts
For basil vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- Cut the peaches into slices and then spread them with olive oil. Grill them for 2-3 minutes on each side, over medium to high heat. Set aside.
- Cut the Mastelo cow cheese into slices and grill it over medium to high heat on both sides until soft. Set aside.
- Wash the vegetables very well and arrange them on a plate. Drizzle over the basil vinaigrette and mix with your hands.
- Add the roasted peaches and Mastelo cheese slices on top.
- Finally add the pistachios and serve.
For basil vinaigrette
- Add all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette to a blender. Beat for about a minute, until very smooth.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.
So this was my favorite green salad with grilled Mastelo cheese. A salad that if you choose the right fresh ingredients will become your favorite.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more if your make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!