Homemade veal stock
- veal bones
- 1 large onion
- 2 tsp salt
- In a large pot add the bones after rinsing them with water. Add 2 tsp salt and the onion (do not chop it). Add water to the pot, until the bones are covered. Bring to boil. At the beginning with a small drain, remove the foam that will appear on the surface.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 hours. This way we will end up with a stock less in amount of water, but it will have so much flavor.
- In a baking pan pour the broth by draining it. Let it come to room temperature and then refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- When it freezes, the fat hidden in the broth will concentrate on the surface and can be removed very easily.
- The stock will now be like a jelly. With the help of a knife, cut it into pieces and put it in the freezer. Your stock is ready!
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!
Leave a Reply