As the temperature rises, my mood for baking decreases. However, just before the heat rises a lot, I could not help but make a wonderful and fluffy cream cheese and blueberries cake.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE RECIPE
In this cream cheese and blueberries cake you will love the wonderful light texture of the cake, its creamy top and the juicy blueberries. It is an easy recipe, which however requires a mixer as it should fluff up the butter along with the sugar. If you are a lemon lover then this cake will become one of your favorites. As it includes zest and lemon juice which give the cake a wonderful aroma, which pairs in perfectly with the blueberries.
To bake it you will need about 50-55 minutes, and a round mold with a diameter of 24 cm.
To enjoy this ideal for spring cream cheese and blueberries cake then you should get the following ingredients:
- All purpose flour and baking powder
- Blueberries and lemons
- Cream cheese and strained yogurt
Cream cheese and blueberries cake
- 1 round pan 24 cm.
- 125 gr butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50 ml lemon juice
- ½ cup strained yogurt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 gr fresh blueberries
For the cream
- 300 gr. cream cheese
- 3 tbsp strained yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp fine semolina
- In a stand mixer, on medium speed, beat the butter together with the sugar until the mixture is fluffy.125 gr butter, at room temperature, 1 cup granulated sugar
- Then add the eggs, one by one, the zest and the lemon juice.3 large eggs, zest of 1 lemon, 50 ml lemon juice
- Then add the yogurt and after the mixture is homogenized, reduce the speed and add the flour together with the baking powder and the salt.½ cup strained yogurt, 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt
- After the mixture is homogenized, add half of the blueberries and mix with the help of a spoon.150 gr fresh blueberries
- Spread the mixture in a round form, which we have greased first.
- In a bowl add the cream cheese, yogurt, eggs, sugar and semolina. Stir well by hand. Spread the mixture on top of the cake mixture and then add the remaining blueberries.150 gr fresh blueberries, 300 gr. cream cheese, 3 tbsp strained yogurt, 2 eggs, 3 tbsp granulated sugar, 3 tbsp fine semolina
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 50-55 minutes.
So that’s my recipe today, a wonderful and fluffy cake with cream cheese and blueberries. The fluffy texture of the cake, combined with its creamy top and juicy blueberries will definitely make you love it.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!