Strawberry Bundt cake with cream cheese frosting, a cake that is incredibly tasty and nutritious as it is based on flour with 5 cereals. A new product that came to our kitchens to stay.
You will find strawberries everywhere around you. Red fragrant strawberries that are here to mark the beginning of a season that one is its main characteristic, the abundance. So I could not resist and filled my kitchen with them. They starred in a wonderful cake, very special, and highly nutritious. Yes, a cake can be nutritious when the flour you use has five grains, and it is wholemeal.
The ingredients of the recipe
So if this spring you want to enjoy a cake which is not only delicious but also nutritious then you can only get the following:
- Farin ap with 5 cereals
- Butter, strained yogurt and cream cheese
- Granulated sugar and powdered sugar
In case you do not want to add the cream cheese frosting on top, you can skip it. However I would suggest you not to do it, honestly it pairs perfectly with this fruity cake. So if you add it, in addition to cream cheese and butter, make sure you have a few drops of milk in your fridge.
Farinap with 5 cereals
I decided to make the cake with strawberries and icing cream cheese using the new farinap, a new product from Agios Georgios Mills. Farin ap flour with 5 cereals, is whole grain and combines 5 different cereals: common wheat, dinkel, zin (buckwheat), oats and barley. In the beginning the truth is that I was worried about the final result. But the taste is unique, this flour makes any dessert to shine.
Why do we add flour to strawberries?
If you decide to make this wonderful cake with strawberries, one thing I want you to pay attention to. After you wash the strawberries very well and cut them into smaller pieces, you should sprinkle them with a little flour. We do this to avoid the strawberries sitting at the bottom of the bundt pan. It is a very useful tip that you can apply to any cake containing fresh fruit.
Strawberry Bundt cake with cream cheese frosting
- 1 bundt pan
- 380 gr farinap with 5 cereals
- 170 gr butter, room temperature
- 250 gr granulated sugar
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 300 gr strained Greek yogurt, full-fat
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 400 gr fresh strawberries, plus for serving
For the cream cheese frosting
- 150 gr cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 gr butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- few drops of milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Butter and sprinkle with flour a 25 cm bundt cake pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, at medium to high speed, beat the butter together with the sugar until fluffy.170 gr butter, room temperature, 250 gr granulated sugar
- Then add the lemon zest and eggs, one by one.3 eggs, room temperature, lemon zest from one lemon
- Then add the yogurt and lemon juice.300 gr strained Greek yogurt, full-fat, 50 ml lemon juice
- Reduce the speed and add the farinap with 5 cereals.380 gr farinap with 5 cereals
- After washing the strawberries, drain them and cut them into smaller pieces. Sprinkle with a little flour and mix.400 gr fresh strawberries,
- Add the strawberries to the mixture and mix with a spoon gently. Add the mixture to the cake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Because of strawberries it may be a little bit moist.
- Remove the cake from the pan after 15 minutes and after it cools, pour the cream cheese frosting over it.
For the cream cheese frosting
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until the mixture is homogeneous.150 gr cream cheese, room temperature, 50 gr butter, room temperature, 1 cup powdered sugar, few drops of milk
So this was my recipe for today. A very fruity cake, nutritious and delicious. Cake with strawberries and icing cream cheese, a cake which, no matter how many times I bake, disappears in a short time.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!