Jasmine rice with chicken and ginger. A perfect meal where juicy chicken bites meet the exotic jasmine rice from Thailand.
The chicken is juicy due to the marinade based on soy sauce. While the fresh ginger adds to the dish the needed freshenes that perfectly matches with the exotic jasmine rice. Can you resist to this delicious journey?
What type of rice should I use?
In this recipe I used Jasmine rice from the brand Eutopia. This particular rice accompanies perfectly oriental, spicy and exotic dishes!
Jasmine rice is a white, long-grain rice. It is grown on the plateaus of Thailand, in specially configured rice fields (tiered terraces). It gets its spectacular natural aroma from the soil of the regions where it is grown. That is why it is named after jasmine.
Alternatively you can use another long fruit rice, such as basmati.
Is it safe to use the marinade?
As you will see in the instructions of the recipe, after the chicken is cooked, we remove it from the heat and finally add the marinade to the pan. The marinade will be cooked in the pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until thickened. So, as long as it has been cooked there is no risk.
Can I add ground ginger instead of fresh?
If you do not have fresh ginger you can replace it with ground. The result will not be exactly the same, but there will still be the spark of ginger in the taste. For each tablespoon of freshly grated ginger, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground.
Jasmine rice with chicken and ginger
- 2 cups Jasmine rice Eutopia
- 4 chicken breasts
- 40 ml olive oil
For the marinate
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- green onion, finely chopped
- In a bowl, mix the marinade ingredients and pour it over the chicken cut into bites.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large pan, add the olive oil over medium heat. Then add the chicken and cook for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and set aside.
- Add the marinade to the pan in which we cooked the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan add 4 cups water, rice and a pinch of salt.
- Once it boils, cover the pot with a lid and lower the heat. Boil until the rice absorb its liquids.
- Serve the rice with the chicken. Garnish with spring onion, sesame and red pepper flakes.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more if your make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons”and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!