By hearing the word spring what is the first thing that crosses your mind? To me is freshness. And this is the main feature of today’s pasta. A spaghetti ready in less than half an hour, delicious and extremely mouthwatering. Spaghetti with rocket pesto, spinach and basil with poached eggs on top.
Features of the recipe
When you hear spaghetti one of the first things that crosses your mind is that it’s probably going to be a quick dish. So is today, ready in less than half an hour. The second is that it is a filling dish. So today’s pasta is extremely filling, and at the same time light. One last thing on my mind is that this is a delicious dish. So is today, delicious, fresh and special. So these are the main features of today’s pasta, a spaghetti with rocket pesto, spinach and basil with poached eggs on top.
If you want to taste your favorite spaghetti with rocket pesto, spinach and basil and poached eggs then you just have to get the following:
- MISKO Spaghetti No6
- Fresh basil, rocket, baby spinach and garlic
- Pine nuts
Which is the best pasta shape?
Pesto sauces are one of my favorites, I enjoy them in all their versions. For this pesto with rocket, basil, and spinach I chose to use my favorite Spaghetti No. 6 from MISKO. No introductions are necessary when it comes to the…king of pasta! The famous name, spaghetti, is the plural of the Italian word “spaghetto”, which means “thin string”.
Their long shape pairs perfectly with the pesto sauces as the pasta embraces in a unique way this thick sauce. While after first mixing the pasta with the sauce, its long shape allows you to make a nest for the poached egg.
How to make the perfect poached egg
In this recipe, what needs a little more attention is the poached eggs. The first egg may not be as beautiful as you wish, but I don’t want you to be discouraged. Let’s go for the next one. You should pay attention to the following while preparing:
- Add the eggs one by one to the pot. Unless you choose to try the method with the cling film. In this case we take a cup and lay the inside with a cling film. Then add olive oil and then the egg. Pull the cling film out of the cup and tie a knot near the egg. Add it in a pot of simmering water for 3-4 minutes. Ready!
- In case you stay true to the recipe and do not use a cling film then we use some vinegar. Adding vinegar to raw eggs for at least 2 minutes before cooking helps maintain its shape. Don’t skip this step.
- With or without a cling film, the water in which the egg will boil should simmer.
Spaghetti with rocket pesto, spinach and basil with poached eggs
- 500 gr Spaghetti MISKO NO6
- 120 gr baby spinach
- 80 gr rocket leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 gr pine nuts, roasted
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- pasta cooking water
For the poached eggs
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp vinegar
- Fill a large pot with 5 liters of water and put it on high heat. Once the water starts to boil, add 35 gr. salt and add the MISKO Spaghetti No. 6. Stir with a fork and let it boil for as long as the package says.500 gr Spaghetti MISKO NO6
- In a small pan, lightly roast the pine nuts to bring out their aromas. Set aside.50 gr pine nuts, roasted
- Add the olive oil, garlic, spinach, arugula and basil in a blender and beat to mash the ingredients.120 gr baby spinach, 80 gr rocket leaves, 1 cup basil leaves, 2 garlic cloves, 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Then add the pine nuts and beat until well combined.50 gr pine nuts, roasted
- At the end, add the parmesan and beat for a few seconds. If the pesto is thick enough then add a little of the boiling water of our pasta.½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour the pesto into a large bowl and then add the hot spaghetti. Mix them and if necessary add extra water from what the spaghetti has boiled.
- Serve with poached eggs, a few basil leaves and a little olive oil.
For the poached eggs
- In a small saucepan add water and bring to a boil.
- In a ramekin add 2 tbsp. vinegar and then the egg. Wait 2 minutes for the vinegar to create a film over them.8 tbsp vinegar, 4 eggs
- Lower the heat and let the water to simmer. By using a hand whisk, stir the boiling water in the pot in order to create a whirlpool.Very carefully add an egg and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
So this was another recipe for Saturday’s pasta, Spaghetti MISKO with rocket pesto, spinach and basil with poached eggs on top. Easy, fast and delicious. That is exactly what one is looking for in a spaghetti on hot spring days.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!
Leave a Reply