I often say that I see all the recipes as my children as each one is unique and has characteristics that make them stand out. However, I single out some recipes and show them off a little more. One such recipe is today, a spring velouté green pea soup with herbs.
The specific recipe for this delicate and highly aromatic soup was created with the inspiration of the green counters in the local food market. Fresh peas, very elegant artichokes, carrots and freshly harvested potatoes. And of course the herbs! You pass in front of them and barely manage to hold back so as not to turn your head to see where these wonderful smells come from. Mint, coriander, basil and so much more. In this particular recipe I used with mint and basil.
THE INGREDIENTS OF THE RECIPE
I think you got a taste of what ingredients I used so that young and old can enjoy this wonderful velouté green peas spring soup. But let’s see them in more detail:
- Fresh green peas, artichokes, potatoes, carrots and onions
- Fresh mint leaves and fresh basil leaves
- Chicken broth, preferably homemade
To serve it I used some yogurt, lemon and toasted bread. I even toasted the bread in a little olive oil to which I had added lemon thyme.
HOW CAN I MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN BROTH?
Homemade chicken stock is an essential tool for your kitchen. Homemade chicken stock can make a simple dish taste divine. You can make some and keep it the freezer and use it whenever you want to enhance flavor. You may find my recipe here.
CAN I USE FROZEN GREEN PEAS?
If you can not find fresh green peas, or do not want to bother cleaning it (although I find it extremely fun) you can use frozen green peas. Needless to say, fresh peas have better taste and sweetness.
Veloute green pea soup with herbs
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 artichokes,
- 2 carrots, cut into slices
- 2 potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 800 gr fresh green peas (you will need around 3 kg)
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- chicken stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.⅓ cup olive oil, 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Add the carrots, potatoes and artichokes to the pot. Saute for 5 minutes.4 artichokes,, 2 carrots, cut into slices, 2 potatoes, cut into small pieces
- Then add the green peas and sauté for another 3 minutes.800 gr fresh green peas
- After sautéing the green peas, add water enough to cover the vegetables, chicken broth, and mint and basil leaves.10 leaves fresh mint, 10 leaves fresh basil, chicken stock
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until our vegetables are soft.salt, freshly ground black pepper
So this was my recipe for a spring veloute green peas soup with herbs. It is made very quickly, it is delicious, very fragrant and it is eaten more pleasantly if it is cold or at room temperature.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!
Leave a Reply