Autumn is just around the corner and the time has come for the ovens to be turned on and start baking delicious cakes. If you are as impatient as I am about baking then this is the cake for welcoming autumn. Cardamom cake with rosewater frosting.
Cardamom cake with and rosewater frosting will definitely impress you. And this is because cardamom gives the cake an incredible sparkle and lemon flavor. While the rosewater frosting is so fine and silky that your palates will surely love.
Can I bake cupcakes instead of one cake?
Like any cake mix, this one can of course deliver you cupcakes. All you have to do is reduce the amount to 3/4 of the recipe since the mixture is for a large cake pan. In addition, since the mixture will now be in much smaller molds, the baking time will have to be reduced. What I suggest is after the first 20-25 minutes to start checking your cupcakes. To make sure they are properly baked check them with a knife. Pierce the cupcake with a knife until the knife comes out clean.
If the rosewater glaze is strange to you and is not in your preferences then you can easily substitut it with another one. Of course you will have a different result from what I suggest and tasted. However if you insist you can add a classic vanilla frosting. To make a vanilla frosting you will need to add a corresponding amount of liquid vanilla instead of rosewater.
THE PERFECT CAKE PAN
It’s been about two years since I started noticing various cakes that I found on instagram and Pinterest. Behind every fabulous cake there was only one brand, Nordic Ware. Every cake pan is unique, extremely impressive and made to last.
Over the years I could not find these beautiful cake pans in any store located in Greece. And when I started searching for on-line stores abroad, the shipping cost was too much for me.
Cardamom cake with rosewater frosting
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (320 gr)
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 180 gr butter, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar (350 gr)
- 3 eggs, medium
- ¾ cup milk (180 ml)
- lemon juice, just a squeeze
- ½ cup strained Greek yogurt
For the frosting
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom. Stir and set aside.
- In a bowl add the milk and a little lemon. Stir and set aside. After 15 minutes add the yogurt. Stir and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, at medium to high speed, beat the butter together with the sugar.
- Once fluffy, add the eggs one by one to the bowl of the mixer.
- With the mixer on low-speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix until almost combined, then add half the milk-yogurt mixture and mix until just combined. Repeat with another third of flour mixture and then the remaining half of the milk-yogurt mixture, ending with the last third of the flour. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared cake pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 175°C fan, for 45-50 minutes or until a clean knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes inside the loaf pan, and then unmold.
For the frosting
- In a medium bowl, beat the icing sugar, milk and rosewater until well combined. If necessary, add more powdered sugar or milk to create a thick icing.
So that was my way of welcoming autumn, with this cardamom cake with rosewater frosting. A trully fragrant cake, with lemon flavor and a silky frosting. Ideal for another afternoon in the garden. If you want you can skip the icing, although it is one of the few cakes that I would say not to make.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!