September, the month of transition. Or should I better say the month full of scents? Seductive scents coming from these freshly baked fluffy Greek grape must cookies.
I don’t know about you, but personally I am a huge fan of autumn. And this is because I can not resist to the magic that is hidden in the autumn. I am really fascinated by this transition.
The nature gradually adopts a more relaxed pace, and the abundance of summer comes to be replaced by the treasures of autumn. Crispy apples slowly make their appearance, along with juicy pears, bright orange pumpkins, colorful grapes, beautiful quinces and persimmons able to seduce you.
While, the easy and not time consuming snacks are gradually replace by preheated ovens ready to receive mixtures full of cinnamon, cloves and all kinds of spices.
This is how this recipe came out. In order to fulfill my need for seductive scents and the utilization of the wine must, led me to the most fragrant and fluffy Greek grape must cookies. Ideal for your morning coffee, but also for a snack during the day.
Tips for making fluffy Greek grape must cookies
- The cookie dough should relatively stick to our hands. That’s why kneading them into ropes and then round cookies is relatively difficult. Unless you use a pastry bag to give them a round shape.
- As we want a cookie dough that sticks to our hands, we should add the flour gradually. More specifically, we start with 800 gr and if we see that the dough needs more flour, then we add the remaining 50 gr gradually. Be careful though not to make the dough firm dough.
- Personally I prefer the grape must cookies in their soft version. So, during the baking I make sure that they do not turn them too brown, while 5 minutes after I take them out of the oven I add them to a bag which I close. The water vapor from the hot grape must cookies will soften them even more.
Fragrant and fluffy Greek grape must cookies
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cup wine must
- ½ cup sugar
- 800-850 gr all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp clove, grated
- Add all the liquids (olive oil, orange juice and must) to the mixer bowl and then add the sugar. Whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl add all the solid ingredients of the recipe and 800 gr flour.
- Gradually add the solids ingredients to the bowl of the mixer and whisk. Our mixture should be quite sticky, it should not thicken too much. If the cookie dough looks too watery, add the rest of the flour gradually.
- Add the mixture to a pastry bag.
- In a large pan, lay baking sheets and then shape the grape must cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C, for 15-20 minutes.
- After removing them from the oven, set aside for 5 minutes and then add them to a clean bag and close it. Water vapor will help them soften even more.
So this is my way in order to welcome autumn. With these fragrant, soft and fluffy grape must cookies. Half an hour is enough to fill your house with scents and to have the most delicious grape must cookies. Ideal for your morning coffee, but also for a snack during the day.
You may find more ideas for seasonal recipes inspired by autumn by clicking here.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!