Vegan almond cake. A cake that does not contain eggs or milk. Ideal for those who are fasting or following a vegan diet. It came to celebrate the coming of spring together.
The reason for this vegan almond cake was my one year old son, little Filippos. So far, Filippos seems to be allergic to eggs. While, as he is only one year old his relationship with sugar I prefer to be as far away as possible. However, I wanted to try to offer him a cake for the first time. So, I came up with this cake which does not contain eggs, while it has a little sugar and even brown.
To my cake I added homemade almond milk which has a wonderful velvety texture. If you want you can make your own by following the recipe you will find here. If you decide to make your own almond milk then do not throw away the pulp of the almonds that will be left over, we will add it to this cake.
On the other hand, if you use milk that you will get from the market, then do not forget to buy almond flour for the cake recipe.
THE INGREDIENTS OF THE RECIPE
If you also want to welcome spring with this special vegan almond cake then you should have the following on your pantry:
- All-purpose flour, almond flour or almond pulp and cornflour
- Baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Almond milk and lemon juice
- Sunflower oil or corn oil
- Brown sugar
Vegan almond cake
- 5 cup bundt pan
- 240 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 170 gr all purpose flour
- 55 gr almond pulp or almond flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60 ml sunflower oil or corn oil
- 100 gr brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Add the almond milk together with the lemon juice to a cup and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.240 ml almond milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl add the flour, the almond pulp, the cornflour, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt. Stir and set aside.170 gr all purpose flour, 55 gr almond pulp or almond flour, 2 tbsp corn flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, on medium speed, beat the sunflower oil together with the sugar for 3-4 minutes.60 ml sunflower oil or corn oil, 100 gr brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Add the liquid ingredients to the mixer bowl alternately with the solid ingredients.
- Add the mixture to a oil greased pan and bake at 175 ° C for 30-40 minutes.
So this was my recipe for a vegan almond cake. A cake that does not contain eggs or milk. Ideal for those who are fasting or following a vegan diet. It came to celebrate the coming of spring together.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!