Fried cod with panko. A different version of fried cod with Japanese influences. Cod as light as you have never tried it before.
WHAT IS PANKO?
If you are a fan of fried cod but this time you want to try a lighter version of it then this recipe is ideal. So what makes this cod so light even though it is fried? So panko is what saves the game.
Panko is a mixture of fluffy breadcrumbs based on white bread and comes to us from Japan. Due to its production process, the panko does not absorb the oil, so the result is to create a dry and light crust on the ingredient we want to fry.
So the cod is kept crisp on the outside but juicy on the inside. While its taste remains unchanged as the panko is tastelessly neutral and does not affect its taste at all.
THE TABLE OF MARCH 25
So my table for the day in addition to this uniquely light and juicy cod included potatoes and an amazing tartar sauce. These potatoes may look fried but they are not, they are baked. The recipe can be found here.
As for the tartar sauce it is a very easy recipe for a sauce that pairs perfectly with the fish. You will find the recipe below.
Fried cod with panko
- 700 gr cod, fillet
- 5-6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- sunflower oil, for frying
For the tartar sauce
- 250 gr mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp capers
- 8 cucumber pickles, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- lime juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the fish with a little water, drain it well and dry it well with kitchen paper.700 gr cod, fillet
- In a deep frying pan add the oil and bring it to a temperature for frying.sunflower oil, for frying
- In a bowl add these and beat.2 eggs
- Add the cod to the flour and shake it well so that there is no unnecessary flour.5-6 tbsp all purpose flour
- Then we dip the cod in the beaten egg and make sure it goes everywhere, and then add it in the panko.panko
- Fry until the pieces are golden, turning them if necessary.
- Remove to a large plate with kitchen paper.
For the tartar sauce
- Rinse the capers and the cucumber in running water and then chop them finely.2 tbsp capers, 8 cucumber pickles, chopped
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and mix well. Put in the fridge for at least half an hour.250 gr mayo, 1 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp capers, 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped, lime juice, freshly ground black pepper, 8 cucumber pickles, chopped
So that’s my suggestion for the fried version of cod, a fried cod with panko. A different, very light version of fried cod with Japanese influences.
I would be thrilled to hear from you. Even more, if you make my recipe and post a photo of it. Just don’t forget to share your photo under the hashtag #tetisflakes. Please do not hesitate to comment below or contact me on Instagram, or Facebook or Twitter!
BECOME A MEMBER OF TETI’S FLAKES FAMILY
Have you subscribed to Teti’s flakes newsletter? As a subscriber, you will have access to exclusive content such as the series of the ebook “The flavors of the Seasons” and “Food photography – going from Auto to Manual“.
So if you want to become a subscriber, you may sign in here. After signing in you will receive a confirmation email. Attention, the email may end up in the Spam folder. Once you find it, all you have to do is confirm your email and that’s it!